Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I Keep Getting Rocks


It was one of the better races at Talladega in a very long time.
Unless you were where I was.
The race from my vantage point was pretty boring.
Packs of cars rode around me for 812 miles. Plus overtime.
Remember my last Talladega post from the 'Hallow Dega" weekend?
My Charlie Brown feeling was still hangin' around, like a big ol dark cloud hangin over my head.
Like our favorite blockhead, all I keep getting is rocks!


When nothing happens in your little corner of the world, you have to learn to entertain yourself.
This guy was havin about as much fun as I was.


Just a pack of cars.




How bored can you get to be takin pictures of couples on scooters?


And pictures of people sleeping in lawn chairs?



I got a little excited when the boys started bumping into each other down in turn 3.


I got a little more excited when Jimmie Johnson got crossed up. Even if it was from behind, I was hoping he would bump into a few more cars.



Two races. 812 miles. No wrecks in front of me.
Oh yeah....they had some big un's, but not in front of me.
So I have to look for something different and interesting.
Late afternoon sun and dark clouds. Almost that classic 'Old Testament' light that looks so good. Don't understand what 'Old Testament' light is? Look at the dramatic lighting in the pictures in the older version Bibles.


My only action came during the fly-over after the National Anthem.
I watched a great race from Talladega, but I was hired to shoot wrecks.
Didn't get the first one. Again.
I getting tired of it. In fact, I couldn't decide if I wanted to post anything from that event. As you can see, I got NOTHING!!!!!!
I hate it when that happens.

But........I will be posting images from next weeks Southern Nationals NHRA event from Atlanta.

Stay tuned.........

No comments: