Monday, November 17, 2008

NASCAR Championship Weekend


I was asked, a couple of weeks ago, if I would be interested in shooting the Ford Championship Weekend at the Homestead-Miami Speedway in Homestead Florida.
After I thought about it for a couple of days, I agreed. Who wouldn't? Even if it was at the last minute?
I'm glad I did.
I had a lot of fun, but it's also a lot of work to shoot a weekend of racing, so get comfortable, get in close to your monitor, and look at what I did this weekend!!!!


2008 Sprint Cup Champion Jimmie Johnson does a burnout all the way to the stage where the trophy presentation is to take place.


Carl Edwards celebrates in victory lane after winning the Ford 400.


A typical pit stop image of David Reutimann as he gets service by his over the wall pit crew.


I captured this image of another David Reutimann pit stop from outside turn one earlier in the race(I don't know why, but sometimes these things happen).


Kyle Busch gets his car serviced.


Tony Stewart leads a group of cars into turn three.
WOW!!!!! what a sunset!!!!

Another south Florida sunset image.


Some Jimmie Johnson fans had this sign hanging from the guard rail behind the flag stand.


Everywhere you look, cool and different racing images are looking to find you.
You have to admit, it's not everyday you can have a racecar, a bunch of palm trees, and a lake in the same image.


Another cool image found me, but why is the 29 car in it?


Tony Stewart during practice on Saturday. I thought this would be a cool image because of the sky with the big ol' fluffy clouds.


I'm doing that Getty shit with this image of Jimmy Johnson(see previous post).


Well, it done it again.........(i've been having trouble with this bloggin' thang, lately. It don't post my images in the order I told it too, so some images are out of order).
Johnny Benson was crowned the 2008 Craftsman Truck Series Champion.


Carl Edwards had a productive weekend. He won the Ford 300 Nationwide Series race on Saturday night.


Another artful image found me. Kinda makes you want to be sitting beneath some palm trees sippin' on some Crown Royal......


I wanted to get a backlit image of the cars on the track with the Homestead-Miami logo on the wall, and the palm trees.
It kinda works.


Just another typical racecar image. Right?


Like I said.......sometimes it post images out of order.
This track is like no other I've ever been to. This area is around the central gathering point of everyone who has infield passes. It is designed more like a shopping center or mall than a working race facility. Here, you are looking back to the writers Media Center and NASCAR Sprint Cup Garage area through some tables and umbrellas that are provided for a place to eat next to the public cafe.


OK...I've turned back to the left about 90 degrees so you can see the new photographers work room on the bottom floor with VIP suites on the top floor.
Swanky, ain't it?


A look at the new Media Center. Not bad for a racetrack where nothing but rednecks hang around? Right?


It happened again, this time, the night before.


See?
OK....It's late and I've got a long ass drive back tomorrow.
I've got other things lined up for the next three of four weeks, so I'll post images from them as soon as I can.

By the way......Is if Miami or Your-ami?

No comments: