Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas in the city


I met some friends downtown about dark tonight for a Christmas time photo safari. We had been trying to get together for a few weeks to photograph all the lights, but never could make the connection.
It finally happened tonight.
Only, our town let us down. It usually dresses up real nice for Christmas. This year it didn't.
But we tried to make something happen anyway.



I didn't think any wide angle images would work, considering the lack of dressing downtown, so I concentrated on tight shots of any subject I could find. Luckily, I found a few store window displays that would work. I just had to shoot through the glass in the display case.




We couldn't find but a few spots that looked good enough, and I think we wore out our welcome in these places. The owner of a local fine eating establishment came out to question us at one point, but decided we were harmless, and offered to let us inside for drinks and eats. We declined.






All in all, It was a decent evening out walking the streets and shooting pretty lights.

No comments: