Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Shout Bamalama


I have been looking through some old slides that I've got, and found some of what has to be my very best and favorite Rock and Roll Band of all time.....WET WILLIE.
Who is 'Wet Willie', you say?
They were a Southern Rock / Funk / Blues band out of Mobile, Alabama. They later moved to Macon, Georgia, when they signed on with Capricorn Records.
This is lead singer Jimmie Hall blowing on one of his many harmonica's.
He's still around.
Playing harmonica for lot's of big name acts.
Me?????
I just wanted to update my blog again before the months over.
I'm not shooting much. It's kind of a slow time for me right now.
Hopefully, I'll be shooting a bunch of races this spring and summer, along with some other events.
But right now, I'm just looking through my 'Mexican Suitcase'.


I'm not sure who these two guys are. Me thinks the one on the right, his last name is Montgomery. Me thinks.
I've slept a lot since these images were taken.
In December 1979.
At a show in Cedertown, Georgia.
This band line-up was after some of the original members left.
The members as I can remember them at this show.....
Lead vocals, harmonica, saxophone.......Jimmie Hall.
Bass guitar, back-up vocals.........Jack Hall.
Keyboards, back-up vocals........Michael Duke.
Drums........T. K. Lively.
I don't remember who the two guitarist are.


Another image of Jimmie Hall.
I used to carry my camera to just about every show I went to.
Back in the day, nobody cared if you had a camera at a concert.
I've seen these guys, I bet, twenty times in my lifetime.
If they ever get back together again, and I'm around to hear about it. I'll see them again.
I've got lots of memories of WET WILLIE stored in my little ol noggin.


An Encore??????
What better way to end this post of a Rock and Roll Band than an encore image.
And what the hell is 'Shout Bamalama'?
It's an Otis Redding song that Wet Willie covered.
About stealing chickens in Alabama.

SHOUT BAMALAMA!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: