Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Be Careful Who You Trust

You just can't trust anyone anymore!
No matter where you go, or what you do.
People we were taught to trust as we were growing up.
Nurses!!!!!!
You can't trust 'em no futher than you can throw 'um!

What am I getting at?

I've been having some stomach problems, lately.
Nothing that seems serious, just something ain't right.
I think its because of the aspirin that I have to take once a day.
I think its irritating my stomach a little.
I had a check-up with my cardiologist a couple of weeks ago and mentioned to him how my stomach was acting.
He immediately set me up with an appointment to see another doctor that knew more about tummy's than he does.
This morning, I had a date with a flashlight.
And a small video camera.
He shoved it down my throat.
I had an Esophagogastroduodenoscopy.
Or EGD for short.

What's this got to do with not being able to trust a nurse?

Dr. Shovethelightdownmythroat has a great supporting crew of nurses.
Each one of them has many years experience of being a nurse.
In fact, my wife trained a couple of them, and every one of them worked for her, one of them up until a few weeks ago.

That's where the trouble comes in.
I've personally known each and every one of them since they started work at this hospital.
Personally!!!!

They are very professional, and I was just one of thirty to forty cases they worked on today.

But I'm the one that got special treatment while I was 'Out like a light'.



After my procedure, even tho I was still somewhat groggy, I found this stuck to the rails of my hospital bed.
Now, when you go in for a minor tune-up or something, you ain't 'specting no surprises.
Medically, I didn't get suprised.
It's the things they do to you, to entertain themselves, while you are knocked out.
I bet i'm the only patient to get one of these.


After a quick check, I found this tatoo on the cheek of my ass.

Git R Done!

If you can't trust a nurse, and your friends, who can you trust?

Oh, and what did Dr. Shovethelightdownmythroat find?
Just a little irritation. Nothing that a spoonful of Mylanta can't cure.

No comments: