Saturday, August 30, 2008

Valley Cubs, Wildcats, and Tigers


Well, It's finally here!!!!!
Football season officially started Thursday night. It's my favorite time of the year.
The stars, moon, and the sun are all in alignment, and the convergence of many different sports all happen in the next two months.
I always try to get some kind of shot of the coin toss, with the coin in the air. The good Lord supplied the background for this one. WOW!!!!!!
Thursday night, I started my season off by shooting the Alexandria Valley Cubs and Anniston game.


A cool shoot of the Alexandria quarterback(at least I think so).


After shooting the first half of Alexandria / Anniston, I boogied back to Saks to catch the last half of the Saks Wildcats vs Wellborn Panthers game.
It was halftime when I arrived, but the game was over. Saks was leading at half, 38 to 7.
I stuck around for the rest of the game just because I need the practice.


I seem to be doing better this week Lindy. It's amazing what a little practice will do. And I didn't have any brain farts this week, either.


Friday night didn't start off like I had planned, but I came out with some decent images, anyway. The only game I shot was Heflin Tigers vs Lineville Aggies. I know it's early in the season(week 1), but do you see a pattern emerging? Another cool quarterback shot.


Just a safe shot.


Dive, dive, dive......

I had a much better time shooting these three games than the pre-season game last week. On top of last weeks boring game with very little action, no one I talked to made any decent images from that game. But, football season is here and I'll be shooting every Friday night, most Saturdays, and some Sundays (I have just recently been accepted to shoot for USPressWire. This is a premium sports wire service company, like Getty Images, and is owned by Sports Illustrated staff photographer Bob Rosato). Wooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Wish me luck, and if this year is like last year, I'll have football overdose by the first week of December.

No comments: