Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ya'll........my photography sucks!!!!!!!


Well......I was paraphrasing what NASCAR driver Bill Elliot told us a few years ago when I had the opportunity to do a photo shoot with him at Talladega SuperSpeedway. We picked him up at the airport next door, and as he was getting into the car, the first thing he said was 'Ya'll, my racing sucks'. This was after a terribly bad weekend just before he went into retirement.
With the looks of my highschool football images from last night, I may need to retire soon, too!!!!!
OK, I know it's only a pre-season game, but I just didn't capture a single image I was proud of last night. I guess I need to practice, just like both of these two teams need to practice.


Gadsden City High School has, without a doubt, the best lit football field that I have ever shot an image on at night. Without a doubt.
Then why in the hell did I decide to shoot flash all night long. The best looking images I got were when my flash didn't fire. I could see this on my view finder, I just didn't take advantage of it. Is this what they call a brain fart?


This is one of the reasons I drove to Gadsden last night to shoot the Hoover ve Gadsden City game last night. The number one rated defensive back in the nation. Hoover kept the ball away from his side most of the night, and since this was a pre-season game, he was pulled in the second half.



I couldn't resist closing out this post without an image of everybody's favorite coach, the new Hoover head football coach, and the ex Oxford head coach (where my kids played ball, cheered, and grew up) Josh Nibblett.
Could you really believe I did that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I feel you. Last Friday was particularly rough for me as well. I'm blaming it on a lens the paper has probably never had cleaned and just the need to re-acclimate to high school football. Sometimes I think getting a good shoot out of a bad high school game is actually harder than shooting the SEC.