Monday, October 13, 2008

My personal 'G' spot

Yep.....this is my personal 'G' spot.
Athens Georgia.
I love to be in Athens during football season, and the good folk over there love me, as well. The welcome signs are all around.
Not only is Athens a great atmosphere for football during the fall, everyone here really shows me some love by wearing my initial somewhere on their clothing (or body).
Yep, everywhere you look, someone is wearing a big capital 'G' on their hat, shirts, pants, shoes, and painted on their faces (I bet a few good lookin' babydolls have a 'G' on their unmentionables).


When I first walked into Sanford Stadium for the annual battle between the Bulldogs and Volunteers on Saturday, I noticed that thousands of people were trying to save me a seat. Look at all the stadium seats with my initials on them. Bless their hearts, they were even trying to show me which section of the stadium to sit in (pssst, they were all marked with a 'G').


Then I entered the media work room where my initials greeted me on the door and on the carpet. Boy, they really go the extra mile to make me feel at home, don't they?


A 'G' on they trash can. OOOhhhh Kaayyyy......


Every napkin I used was personalized.


Students painted their bodys with my initials on them.


Even this cute lil' ol' doggie had a 'G' on his sweater.


Members of the color guard had my initials painted on their cute little faces!


And the drum corps were playing that 'G' note.


Cute baby dolls love the Dawgs, 'G', and McCain.


More cute baby dolls painted 'specially for me....


Just look at all the fans that I got!!!!
Thats why I like Athens during football season.
I feel 'G'reatly appreciated in these parts.


See, I ain't the only one up to nonsense, this past Saturday. Whats with the 'stach?


It seemed to be only drum corps members wit' 'staches.


If he had a couple more days notice, he coulda had a real one.


Didja ever wonder what equipment managers did before the game? They put jersey's on shoulder pads and talk about how many beers they drank the night before.


Some people come for the exciting crossword puzzle competition.


And before I go, an image inside the media workroom taken just before lunch.


I know it don't go with the theme, but for some reason I kinda like this image.
I was shooting from the back of the endzone, laying on the ground, when Tennessee defensive back Eric Berry(14) intercepted the pass from Georgia's Michael Moore(82) in the endzone and returned it 54 yards. I just like the way Moore has fallen to the ground with Berry returning the ball in the background.
It's my image taken in my 'G' spot.

Later dudes and dudettes.........

No comments: