Friday, December 7, 2007

It's the first time i've ever been fired.......

After three years of submitting my images to a certian marketing company, I had a letter in my e-mail this morning that stated they did not need my images from the University of Georgia football games anymore. Just out of the blue, bad news in my inbox.

After last weekends SEC Championship game I submitted almost 150 images and some were even picked up this week by Sports Illustrated online, Lindy's, and ESPN.

What happened, were they not good enough?

It is a dissapointment that a company that bases it's business model on a library of submitted images from each and every sporting event throughout the world, cannot acccept images from me. The photo editor stated he already had someone send images from these events that he credentials. So what!!!!! I credential myself, and I will continue doing so.

OK...... be that way. That just makes me want to work harder and not depend on someone else to help me market my images. I guess I'll just have to get out and beat the bushes again. Just let them try to stop me. Homey don't play that!!!!!!!!!

No comments: